- It was easy for me to change targets and see pertinent information about my targets.
- Raid icons easy to see
- It seemed more responsive than Aloft (cast bar seemed less choppy)
- it was ready right “out of the box.”
- The casting bar is very conspicuous. As an added bonus, there’s a big icon that flashes next to it when the mob is casting something nasty. It is very useful and eye-catching.
- Threat monitoring:
- I did not find it particularly helpful for monitoring my threat as a melee dps. The mobs were too tall and I was often staring at mob ass and could not see the plate over the mob’s head. I’d often get the snot pounded out of me by a mob unexpectedly and have trouble figuring out which mob it was – let alone be able to figure out which mob was about to turn on me and leave a footprint on my head. (However, I was being a swipe-tard… so I deserved whatever I got.)
- As a healer, I did find the threat marker slightly more helpful because I could see the bars at all times since I was at range. However, it would flip from green (you’re ok on threat) to red (omg the mob is pounding my face off!) instantly. The only warning I really got that I was gaining threat is a color change at the exact same moment the mob turned menacingly in my direction and began to gnaw on the bark of this poor tree.
Overall, I like it, though I wouldn’t uninstall Omen or anything.