Good news, everyone. No, not Putricide.
I have good news and bad news.
The good news is that I actually got to go kitteh! We were actually short melee DPS for deathwhisper.
The bad news is that I failed at it!
Pity Parade, comin down the street, stand behind the barricade.
- My DPS was low. I didn’t even beat husband, and he was dpsing on his failwarrior* (again, due to being low on melee dps).
- There’s a lot of running. A lot of running. Puff puff, fat kitteh needs a diet. Feral charge should have a 2 sec cooldown. 30 seconds is evil.
- It’s hard to remember which stupid mobs to attack as melee. Adherents. Adherents. Dream about Adherents.
- And me being all “cautious” not to get aggro. Which I did anyway on the last phase when the tank had 4 stacks of that debuff. Splatkitteh, flatkitteh.
On the bright side:
- I didn’t stand in any crap I wasn’t supposed to, even if it meant I was just standing there DPSing nothing.
- I didn’t try to pad my numbers by dpsing the boss when I was supposed to be dealing with adds.
- I didn’t pull aggro until the very end.
- I did battle rezes and stuff.
- I gave innervate to the healer.
- I busted out a tranquility bomb at the appropriate time.
- They were 2 healing and neither of the healers was me. I hate 2-healing.
I have a hawt date tonight. It’s with Rawr and the target dummy… and possibly with me getting Badkitty to work again. I may download Skada if I’m feeling industrious since Recount is a hog.
If they’re gonna ask me to DPS, shock of shocks, I better be pretty effin good at it. Yeah I said effin. I’m trying to cut down on swearing in front of Twig.
After said hawt date…
Spec: check. Proper according to EJ, etc.
Gear: according to Rawr (newest version) I can’t rearrange my existing gear (banked etc) or buy triumph badger items that will make me much better. I’m not making noobie mistakes. I guess I’ll just have to get proper upgrades. Like ICC stuff. That means I have to spend more time in ICC. (I so needed a week off, but I’m a healer, so hah, I got roped into it.) I sure as hell am not spending frost badgers on dps gear, and I’m not taking a toc-25 trophy if that could be used by another guildie on their main set.
Rotation: Got badkitty working again. Was doing 3.8k on the dummies unbuffed without using berserk (time sample of longer than 5 mins). It’s entirely possible that I was making some rotation errors using eventhorizon (which is inferior for cat stuff). Or the fact that you can’t get a decent rotation going when you’re jumping from add to add like my cats on catnip. (Has your cat ever run around the house like crazy with puffy tail? Hilarious!)
Chalk the fail up to having to run about a lot, and being new to melee in that particular fight?
*Edit: An Addendum for Crankyhusband
Crankyhusband would like me to point out that his warrior is a “failwarrior” because (1) it is his alt and (2) DPS is the alt’s secondary spec. Which leads to two implications:
- He doesn’t usually fail. Nobody should think Husband fails. I totally don’t want to sleep on the couch.
- I supersuck because the offspec dps of my main was equivalent to the offspec dps of his alt.