- Using GridStatusPriestAOE for Maximizing Priest AOE Spell Effectiveness
- Putting Raid Icons into Grid
- Grid: Tracking Your Own and Others' Buffs/Heals
- Search Query: Leader Icons In Grid
- Why GridStatusHots Updates are Awesome for Priests
- Why Every Healer Should Care About and Track Shields
- New Grid Menu Structure
- GridStatusRaidDebuff – Make Sure to also Install the Appropriate Debuff List(s)
- Grid Plugins for Atramedes and Chimaeron
Today we’re going to learn about tracking your own stuff and other people’s stuff in Grid.
Don’t be scared.
Option 1: Using GridStatusHots
There Can Be Only One
Now, in a perfect world your raid would communicate with you flawlessly. You would know which shaman is earth shielding which target, and no priest would ever overwrite another priest’s POM. But this is an imperfect world, and in a large raid, this can all get muddled.
Note: this lesson is NOT for beacon (BACON!). You can have 2 bacons on the same target. They don’t overwrite. At least not last time I checked.
For the sake of this example, we’re going to use.
Configure Your Statuses
(1) Activate both “My Earth Shield” and “Buff: Earth Shield.” You will find “My Earth Shield” under “My Hots” and “Buff: Earth Shield” under “Auras”.
(2) They should be different colors. I will make “Buff: Earth Shield” brown and “My Earth Shield” pink.
(3) For “Buff: Earth Shield” make sure you uncheck the “show mine only” box.
(4) The priority on “My Earth Shield” needs to be higher than the priority for “Buff: Earth Shield.” This is because Buff: Earth Shield will show any earth shield on the target, including your own. The whole point is for yours to look different and cover the default.
Put That Baby In a Corner
Pick a corner, and check both “My Earth Shield” and “Buff: Earth Shield.” I wouldn’t put anything else in that corner. It will just complicate things.
The Final Step is always Profit. Actually, here’s a classy artist rendition of what will occur:
Option 2: Using GridStatusAurasExt
There can be only… two?
This method is a bit trickier to configure, but can be used for Bacon and other buffs that do not overwrite, such as HoT’s, because you can show your auras and other people’s auras separately. Instead of using priorities to make your shield indicator cover over “default shield for everyone, including you”, we can simply configure the buff indicator to exclude your shield.
Configure “other people’s auras” in Gridstatusaurasext
(1) Create an aura name that is obvious.
(2) Configure the aura as shown below.
Configure your aura that shows only YOUR buff
You can do this in a few ways:
(1) Create an aura within Gridstatusaurasext, and simply check the appropriate options OR
(2) Use the default Buff: Earth Shield, and check the “show if mine” box (to show only yours) OR
(3) Use Buff: My Earth Shield within GridStatusHots, if you wish to install it.
Put it wherever!
(1) You can put both statuses in the same corner, using appropriate priorities, just like we did above.
(2) Unlike the above example, you can put your buff in one corner and everyone else’s buff in another corner. This may be useful for Bacon, when you CAN have 2 statuses on the target.
Here’s what it might look like if you put your buff in one corner and everyone else’s buff (excluding yours) in another:
Final Note (There is no Option 3)
Now don’t try to get all funky and do numerical countdowns and crap. That only works with a select handful of plugins, like GridStatusHots. It does not work with GridStatusAurasExt. And that’s the next lesson anyway.