I had some happy illusions in my head about dual speccing Disc/Holy in cataclysm, and singing the happy “do-it-all-healer” song while merrily healing anything and everything with a flick of my talent spec.
Then I peeked at the latest cataclysm build rundown on wow.com and I realized that I am way too stupid to be holy. This chakra thing, man, chakra!
As I understand it, in order to get the most out of “the chakra thing” you have to do the following:
- Make sure Chakra is off cooldown (ok, I can handle this part).
- Activate Chakra (so far so good, press a button, I can do that)
- Immediately cast appropriate spell to activate the right chakra state (uh oh…. potential for screwup)
- Cast the spells that your chakra state helps (otherwise why did you bother?)
- Make sure that you cast the appropriate spell that extends your specific type of chakra state often enough so you get multiple 4 second extends before expiration (hahahah I am supposed to do that? I’m so going to screw it up and let the chakra expire)
- Cast that chastise thing that is different for each chakra state. Make sure Chakra is still up. Make sure you remember what chastise “means” in this particular chakra state. (I’m hiding under my desk)
I don’t even know where to begin except to imagine the ways that I will horribly foul this up on a regular basis. Chakra active 10% of the time? Yep, that will be me. Bonuses from Chakra state – 0? Yep that will be me again. “Oh shit, I activated the renew state when I meant to activate the AOE! CRAP!” or “What do you mean that my chakra vanished right before I cast Chastise?” or “Chastise does WHAT under this chakra? News to me!”