This Guide Supersedes the Previous Guide.
Ok class, today we are going to learn about tracking Mending Frisbee using NUMBERS. If you want to use boxes, that’s cool too.
What It Will Look Like
Once you have your corner text and side text plugins, you can have countdowns in the following places:
You can have the colors change/fade
- by stack or
- by time left
Color By Stack
Color By Duration
You can check the “only yours” box if you want the indicator (box or text) to show only your mending. This has advantages and disadvantages. I’ll get to that in a minute.
Pick a corner (or side)
Then, pick where you want it. Remember to use the appropriate check box under “corner text” or “side text” as appropriate. Don’t put any boxes in the same spots as your numbers.
- If you choose color by STACK, then your text will show the DURATION left in seconds.
- If you color by DURATION, the text will show your STACK (1-5)
- You can use both “color by stack” and “color by duration” (two indicators, different spots) if you wish to show both stack and duration in numbers.
There’s a check box, as mentioned above, for whether you want to show your own or everyone’s mending.
What you want to show is totally up to you:
- Seeing everyone’s mending bounce around may be TMI and rather disconcerting
- Seeing only yours may cause you to unknowingly overwrite another priest’s mending on a target
Your setup will depend on how many priests you run with, whether you use another tracking mod for your personal mending, and whether you always toss frisbee on every cooldown (in which case you may not CARE how much time is left, and may want to track using a simple box instead to indicate that the buff is present).
(1) I use GridStatusHots for seeing my mending. I want to see how much time is left on my mending and how many stacks there are left.
(2) For other people’s mending, I use GridStatusAurasExt, customizing the aura to show only others’ mending, and simply show it as an icon, but I could show it as a box with even less fanfare. 1 I don’t need to know the time or stacks of someone else’s mending – only that it is on a target so I should not throw my mending on that same target.