Non-Priest Shield Tracking
You need to see shields for the same reason you need to see hots – so you know whether your heal-target is wearing protection or not (har har). After all, why should you throw hots onto a target who is already shielded and at full health? It’s overkill.
By extension, you also want to know who has the weakened soul debuff. If a target has no shield and has weakened soul debuff, it means the target is particularly vulnerable because he cannot be re-shielded right away.
How to do this in Grid
Oh, you don’t even need a plugin for it.
1. Reserve a corner or box somewhere in your frame to show all this.
2. Set up under your basic Auras, different colors for:
- Buff: Power Word: Shield (let’s say green)
- Buff: Divine Aegis (let’s say yellow)
- Debuff: Weakened Soul (let’s say red)
3. Priority numbers should be in that order. i.e. PW:S has a priority of 90, Divine Aegis is 85, Weakened Soul is 80.
4. Put them all in the same corner.
Under this example:
- Green = PW:S is on the target. Divine Aegis & Weakened soul might be present too. Target is safe.
- Yellow = There’s no PW:S but there is a Divine Aegis shield, which is weaker. Watch that target for when Divine Aegis breaks. The target may be afflicted with Weakened Soul too, but for the moment it doesn’t matter because there’s still a small shield present.
- Red = The target has NO shields, and has weakened soul. THIS TARGET IS ONE TO WATCH CAREFULLY and heal aggressively.
“But I use Healbot/Vuhdo”
Too bad! Google F Search time.