For those who have read Kiss My Alas and her recent guild swap to her husband’s bank guild Eff the Ineffable this comes as a rerun of our collective recent history. But I’d like to take this post to make the pitch. The pitch on why you ought to consider joining us on our crusade against that thing or things we are opposed to in dramatic fashion.
First I want to take a look at you. Who are you? Well if you are reading this you are different than the mainstream WoW player. Your interest in the game goes beyond mere logging in a few times a week and running a few quests then logging off to watch Single Female Lawyer reruns.
So we know you have greater interest in WoW than the average player, and by coming to a blog like ours you have an interest in a few possible reasons. First you like our commentary on WoW culture, second you find our information useful in enhancing your WoW playtime, third you know us personally, or fourth some combination of these reasons. Regardless by coming here you are a person who likes to do things well in WoW. This makes you an Achiever. Not in the “Hey I get a lot of achievements” type, but rather you set out to do things well.
Knowing these traits of our readership I want you to consider joining us in Eff the Ineffable. Look at this graph.
We are forming for the purpose of focused “casual” raiding. We are not aiming for server firsts, we know we have limited time to raid, but we also know that when we do raid we are every bit as focused as “hard core” raiding guilds. We expect people to know their class, what gear their class should have, be responsible to the point that they show up to every raid gemmed, enchanted, and with consumables. They show up on time, and ready to raid having studied the encounter beforehand on Tankspot or StratFu type guide sites.
So are you Eff the Ineffable material? Well let’s go down a simple checklist:
- Will you move out of the fire?
- Do you have an effective spec based on solid theorycraft?
- Do you know and practice your rotation for your spec?
- Are you properly glyphed for your spec?
- Will you have appropriate gear on in a raid?
- Will that gear be properly gemmed and enchanted?
- Do your stat priorities for your gear come based in some form of theorycraft?
- Fire! Are you moving out of it?
- Will you use appropriate raiding addons and Ventrilo?
- If you sign up for a raid will you show up?
- Will you show up on time?
- Will you study the encounters before showing up?
- Will you focus during the raid?
- Will you take criticism and constructive analysis of your performance with an open mind?
- Will you not be a dick?
- Are you willing to sit one week on the bench for the greater good of raiding progression?
- No, seriously, will you move out of the effin fire?
If you answered yes to all of these questions then I invite you to come check us out. Perhaps start by rolling an alt on Azuremyst alliance like Rhii did and getting a feel for our guild culture, and if you like what you see either level and gear up that alt, or transfer your main. It is early enough in the expansion that getting caught up will not be a serious problem.
If you find your current guild raiding program not to your liking. Either because they are too hardcore and you don’t have the time to stay caught up, or they are too casual and you find the lack of focus frustrating, please consider Eff the Ineffable.