Yes, it’s true. No matter how much fun you think you’re having, I am having more fun than you.
Here is why:
- I do the stuff that I enjoy
- I don’t do the stuff that I totally hate.
- I sometimes do the stuff that I marginally dislike as a means to get to the thing I enjoy. But not stuff I really hate.
- The scientific ratio of enjoy to hate is pretty high
- My friends are awesome
- My friends are having fun too and it’s contagious
- When I don’t want to play, I don’t play
I’m really bummed out by people talking about cataclysm being the death of the game, the slow winding decline, the death of the community, burnout… It’s a killjoy!
If I don’t like fish, I don’t eat fish. I don’t continue to eat fish, complaining with every bite how disgusting it is. Imagine if you were eating fish at that table too. It would kill all the enjoyment of your delicious fish.
I choose to be happy. I choose to surround myself with people who are happy. I choose not to do things that make me totally pissed off and ranty. And therefore, I am definitely having more fun than you.