I did Shadow last night. It was awful. I’m awful.
Then lo and behold, Wow Insider covered this topic recently, as in why I SHOULD do shadow. Hrm.
Reasons to do Shadow (for me):
- I can run heroics with Team Heal (some of us HAVE to go DPS for this to work)
- I can be DPS in a raid… if we are oversubscribed on healers, and there’s no other healer that outputs better DPS than me, oh right, not gonna happen.
- I can avoid getting roflstomped while doing dailies, but you all know I hate dailies. And I’ve already retasked herb gathering to the cheater druid.
Reasons to NOT do shadow and go disc instead.
- I super-suck at shadow
- Laral is obviously better at shadow and makes my super-suck more obvious
- Apparently Disc is awesomesauce. Not that I’m going to give up HOLY for it.
- I’m going to get the tier gear anyway, and it works for both. You bet I’m lazy about getting MORE vp for a shadow set.
For you healing priests out there, is your second spec a healing spec or shadow? And how do you like it? How does it affect the raid team? How does it affect your ability to do heroics?