Woot! Transmogrification! Awesome.
I’m excited! Remember how when you got a new piece of gear, you could not WAIT to see how it would look? Sometimes it was awesome. Sometimes it was not (remember the Outlands clown suits?). But it was usually different.
I set forth to find the coolest gear evar, at which point I remembered that my priest is a gnome, and the gear must look good… on a gnome. This is a very difficult proposition. There are a lot of perfectly nice outfits that look ridiculous on a gnome. So here are the criteria for transmogrifying a fantastic outfit.
- Less skin. No low necklines, belly cutouts, leg cutouts, low back, or, god forbid, side-of-boob showing. Sometimes a shirt can fix this. Sometimes not.
- No vests. Robes ONLY. Please, do not make me look at teeny gnome legs.
- Less ornamentation. On a tiny gnome, very ornate or intricate designs just get lost and end up looking… well, silly.
- Smaller is better. Huge shoulders look ridiculous. Big hats look like a bobble-head.
With that in mind, I hit the wow model viewer. As might be expected, the robes that were modest and solid-colored were primarily the low level ones. Which suits me just fine, since I don’t want to look like everyone else.
I’m going to be lazy and send you to the World of Wardrobes Aurora Set page to find out where to get these items. They have the links to all the pieces of the set AND pictures of how it’s going to look on YOUR toon.
(At this point I was thinking “I know! I’ll post something revealing that looks hideous on a gnome!” Except… trust me, you don’t want to see it. It looks like a toddler who just raided mom’s lingerie drawer. Like those damn halloween costumes for little girls that are getting skimpier every year, don’t even get me started.)
Now, because I’m a dork, I’m creating a SILLY set.
This outfit is pretty easy to get (on the AH). All BOE Greens, no farming required:
- Crafted Blue Overalls
- Willow set Boots, Gloves, Belt
- Arcane Cover (hat)
- Laughing Skull Shoulderpads (because they are teeny. Shoulders mostly look dumb)
- Yellow Lumberjack Shirt (many shirts would look ok)
I know that many people are hitting up the “super awesome” tier gear. Anyone out there like me who has a transmogrification plan that is off the beaten path?