Ugh, this chakra shit is hard.
I’ve learned some stuff since the last guide and there have been some changes to the way everything works (4.0.3a). So we’re trying this again.
Never fear. If I can do it, you can do it. Even with messy macros.
This is primarily focused on healing, not smiting or any of that junk.
How It Works
The “Chakra” Part
Then hit a SPELL to trigger the Chakra state. Different spells trigger different states. The names of the chakra state no longer match the spell used to trigger the state.
To break it down for you:
- Heal triggers Chakra: Serenity (pumps up single target heals)
- POH or POM triggers Chakra: Sanctuary (pumps up aoe and hots)
- Smite triggers Chakra: Chastise (pumps up your pew pew)
- Renew does not trigger a chakra state.
Some spells will extend your chakra state through the talent state of mind. However, Chakra has a 30 second duration and a 30 second cooldown. There is no reason to extend your chakra state. You will probably just waste mana trying to hit a spell you weren’t already going to use. If an extension happens, great. But since you can refresh Chakra as soon as it expires, don’t go out of your way to extend.
With a 30 second duration and a 30 second cooldown, you can be in a chakra state all the time. You should be.
The “Holy Word: Junk” Part
While you are in a Chakra state, you can hit Holy Word for extra awesomeness. If you take the talent Revelations (you SHOULD), your holy word transmogrifies into SOMETHING depending on the state you’re in. At least we have fewer to remember, now that they took out renew.
Here’s how it breaks down now.
- If you are in… Chakra: Serenity (Heal) your Holy Word turns into… Holy Word: Serenity (Instant Heal + healing buff to target)
- If you are in…Chakra: Sanctuary (POH/POM) your Holy Word turns into… Holy Word: Sanctuary (Healing floor)
- If you are in Chakra: Chastise your holy word REMAINS Basic Holy Word: Chastise
- If you are in no chakra state, your holy word REMAINS Basic Holy Word: Chastise
- Renew stuff is gone