(I started writing this first thing Wednesday morning, but it would be lame to just speculate on why we sucked without a log, so I figured I’d wait to finish up until the log was posted.)
I was so psyched to return to raiding after 3 weeks off, but our ICC-10 run did not go well last night. We wiped on Marrowgar for 2 hours before calling it.
3 weeks ago, before I had to take time off for family visits, I participated in our first Marrowgar kill. Woot! Shortly thereafter, the guild killed Lady Stinker and went on to complete the first wing. YAY! Another notable accomplishment during that time was killing Marrowgar without a pally healer (with 2 tanks taking roughly equal damage, bacon of light is incredibly useful. Yes it is called “bacon” nom nom nom).
Last night we had no pally healer and one of our healers was an alt due to some unforeseen RL events for our scheduled healer. I wish I could blame the DPS, but really, it seemed like the tanks were taking damage faster than the healers could keep up, so it was healer fail. I wish I could say that I was the shining example of awesome, and that the other two healers were fail, but that wasn’t the case. We were all “off”, and me shaking off the rust didn’t help.
The other group downed the entire wing. I wish I could say that they were the “A group” and we were the “B group,” but that isn’t the case. I have no freakin clue why they succeeded where we failed. They’re just dirty cheaters, obviously.
After the epic fail raid, I tried to cheer myself up by trying to get that scorpion trinket again. It didn’t drop, of course, and right about then, the achievement spam came across my screen as the other ICC-10 group finished the wing. A fitting end to a craptastic evening.
Haha… FOOLED YOU. I held off posting this until the raid leader had posted the log. Except his computer ate the log! I wish that I had run a log myself.
The mystery of the fail continues. The only “clues” we have are as follows:
- Gear scores of tanks and DPS were the same for both groups.
- Gear scores of the other 2 healers in our group were lower than the gear scores of the healers in the successful group by a scientifically significant margin (but not a huge amount)
- Gear scores suck. Seriously.
- Raid leader claims that he saw “people running around not doing what they were supposed to be doing” and does not think it was completely healer fail.
- Husband has a dim recollection that I rocked the recount meters, for whatever that’s worth (not a lot since recount doesn’t count bubbles and we were running with a disc priest.)
Hrm, Watson, what do you think? I think we wiped for 2 hours and without a log can’t really learn from our mistakes.